Last updated: March 15, 2017
Information You Provide to Us. FindOrBuy collects information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register or update your account, post information via our service, communicate with other users, provide reviews or other comments, purchase any services from FindOrBuy, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, FindOrBuy account password, telephone number, postal address including city, state and zip code, photographs or images, written descriptions of your wanted items, any reviews or comments you make using the FindOrBuy Service, all correspondence or communications with other users or with us conducted via the FindOrBuy Service, government-issued identification documents (such as a driver's license), and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the FindOrBuy Service. When you access or use the FindOrBuy Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the FindOrBuy Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page which referred you to the FindOrBuy Service.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the FindOrBuy Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: To further improve user experience and the FindOrBuy service we may collect geolocation information when you access or use the FindOrBuyService if such information is provided by your browser or mobile device. We may also use your device's IP address to approximate the geographic location of your device or computer. For more details, please see 'Your Information Options' below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the FindOrBuy Service and your experience, see which areas and features of the FindOrBuy Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using graphics elements. They are very small or invisible picture elements embedded into pages or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see 'Your Information Options' below.
General Uses. FindOrBuy uses information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Enable you to access and use the FindOrBuy Service, to personalize the FindOrBuy Service, and to optimize the information presented to you when you use the FindOrBuy Service;
- Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the FindOrBuy Service, including through detection and prevention of fraud, unauthorized access, intrusion, and service interruption;
- Conduct investigations and to respond to disputes between users, error resolution, and other similar customer support service;
- Enable any identification programs we may institute and in which you elect or are required to participate, such as verifying your identity and address, and conduct checks against various publicly available databases;
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the FindOrBuy Service, our business, and our users' experience;
- Perform analytics, conduct research, and monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the FindOrBuy Service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by FindOrBuy and others, and provide advertisements that match user profiles or interests, news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- Comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement agencies, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Assist third-party payment processors with transaction processing, error, chargeback and disputed transaction resolution, and similar payment processing functions; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
FindOrBuy.com LLC is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the FindOrBuy Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
- With the public on the FindOrBuy Service. For a detailed description of the type of information associated with your FindOrBuy account that is made available publicly through the FindOrBuy Service, please see our FAQs.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (including, without limitation, with third-party service providers that may use the information we share to help us and other companies detect inaccurate personal information and prevent fraudulent transactions);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of FindOrBuy or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- Between and among FindOrBuy, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the FindOrBuy Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymous information, which cannot be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features. The FindOrBuy Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook 'Like' button), which let you share actions you take on the FindOrBuy Service with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
FindOrBuy.com LLC takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging in to your account. If you would like to cancel your FindOrBuy account entirely, please contact us, and enter your request for cancellation, but please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. For example, any postings, responses, ratings, and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the FindOrBuy Service in association with your account name even after your FindOrBuy account is cancelled. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Location Information. When you first download or launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile applications form your device.
Even if you do not provide us with consent to collect precise location information from your mobile device or platform, we may use your IP address to obtain an approximate location when using certain features of the FindOrBuy Services.
In some features, FindOrBuy uses mapping services from Google Maps/Google Earth, including Google Maps API(s). Your use of these services is subject to Google's terms of service.
Cookies. Most web browsers are configured to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can reconfigure your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the FindOrBuy Service. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the FindOrBuy Service.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, and other communications from FindOrBuy by following the instructions in those emails, text messages or other communications or by logging on to your FindOrBuy account and going to Settings.